Easy Homemade Herbal Mouthwash Recipes
Here are three recipes that you can make at home. Easy as pie, and saves lots of money.
For the base mouth rinse, you will need, 6 ounces of water. That’s it. The tinctures that you will use will act as the preservative. If you are alcohol sensitive or concerned about the amount ofÂ alcoholÂ in mouthwash, pour mouth rinse into warm water to allow alcohol to dissipate.
You’ll need to store it in a dark glass jar in a cool location. Light and heat can slowly destroy the properties of the herbs.
This mouth rinse can be used on a daily basis to help keep your breath clean and fresh.
- 2 teaspoons of spearmint tincture
- 1 teaspoon of allspice tincture
- 2 teaspoons of peppermint tincture
- 2 teaspoons sage tincture
- 1-2 teaspoons orange peel tincture
- 1 teaspoon clove tincture
Add the above tinctures to the vodka and water mix base. Shake well and store in dark glass jar.
Mouth Rinse for Cold Sores
Good for everyday or when there is a mouth ulcer (cold sore)
- 2 teaspoons Anise tincture
- 2 teaspoons Peppermint tincture
- 1 teaspoon Clove tincture
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Balm tincture
Add mix to the distilled or filtered water, and swish around for cold sores. Be sure not to swallow. Use 1 -2 x a day while symptoms are present.
Rinse For Gum Problems
This mouth rinse helps to heal gum issues. Use when you are having troubles with your gums, like abscesses. If symptoms don’t improve within a day or two, see your dentist. If you are having gum troubles, you should see a dentist anyway, as gum troubles can lead to systemic illnesses.
To the water mix add:
- 2 teaspoons of Rosemary tincture
- 3 teaspoons of Sage tincture
- 2 teaspoons of Lemon tincture
- 2 teaspoons of Peppermint tincture
- 2 teaspoons of Myrrh tincture.
Be sure to swish in you mouth for 1-2 minutes. Spit out, and rinse with salt water solution. Use 1/4 tsp of salt to one 8 oz glass of water.
Be sure not to swallow.
- Do not swallow. Just swish and rinse mouth.
- See your dentist regularly. The ADA (American Dental Assoc) recommends twice a year.
- If you are having problems, be sure to check with your dentist or doctor before using an herbal regimen for health care.
- If you have any adverse reactions, stop immediately.
- People who are taking Synthroid should not use any product containing lemon balm (melissa officinalis)
- Not meant for children
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of a child accidentally drinking, seek professional help immediately.