Do you like popcorn? How about herbs?
Then you will love this recipe for herbal popcorn. It’s low in fat, and calories, but has loads of taste. It’s an easy recipe, and even the kids can help to make it.
Great for family movie night, or just as an afternoon snack. It’s also great for those midnight snack cravings.
- 3 Cups popcorn, air popped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dill powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pop about 3-4 cups of popcorn.
- Mix all herbs together in a small bowl.
- Spray popcorn with a non fat cooking spray. This will help the spices stick to the popcorn.
- Sprinkle herbal mixture over popcorn, and toss to distribute evenly.
- You can also put popcorn into a large plastic or paper bag. Add spices and shake. (kind of like those old Shake N Bake bags)
- Put into serving bowl. Makes about 4-6 servings depending on how much everyone likes.
Other herbs you can try: Add a pinch of cayenne to the above recipe for a spicy popcorn. Like the taste of licorice, add some crushed fennel. If you like the taste of sweet popcorn, you can add a little cinnamon and honey for a sweet popcorn.
Remember, there are a hundred ways you can enjoy herbal popcorn. Try mixing up your favorite herbs to make your own blend.